Personal Insurance - Auto
Next to your home, your automobile is often the most expensive piece of property you own. Accordingly, it is important to seek the best value when buying your insurance. To ensure that you have the proper protection, we will personally review your coverage and quote with all our companies to ensure that you have the best possible protection at the best possible price. We will take the time to tailor your coverage and give you options on ways that could reduce the cost of your auto insurance premiums while obtaining the coverage and protection that you need.
We offer discounts for the following:
- Multi-policy - By insuring your auto and home with the same company, you will receive a discount on your auto premium as well as your homeowners insurance premium.
- Multi-car - If you insure two or more cars and they are owned and used by the individual and/or relatives living in the same house, you receive a discount.
Good drivers who have no accidents or violations receive the most competitive rates, but there are other factors that can reduce your premiums even further including:
- Driver training - If you have a young driver (under age 21) insured who has completed an accredited driver-training course, you will receive a premium discount.
- College student - Young, unmarried, full-time college students who spend most of the college term away from home without the use of an auto are eligible for a discount.
- Age 55 & older - Cars driven primarily by an insured who is 55 and over receive a discount on the bodily injury, property damage, medical payments, personal injury protection, comprehensive and collision premiums.
- Accident prevention course - Completion of a New York State Approved Accident Prevention Course will entitle the principle operator to receive an additional discount good for 3 years!
You can save even more money on your auto insurance by choosing a vehicle with the following safety equipment:
- Passive restraints - If your vehicle is equipped with factory-installed automatic seat belts or air bags, you will receive a discount on the medical payments or personal injury protection portion of your premium.
- Anti-theft devices - You may receive a discount on the comprehensive portion of your premium if your vehicle has active or passive anti-theft devices.
- Anti-lock brakes - Vehicles with factory-installed anti-lock brake systems on all four wheels are eligible for this discount that applies to the bodily injury and property damage coverage.